Continuing with my assignment (5) : graduation day

Today is my graduation day from Kuen Cheng (2) Primary school.

The first part were a few speeches that I did not understand because it was in advanced mandarin.

The first person who gave the first speech was a Year 6 student to represent the Year 6 students who are graduating ( all of them ). Her voice was very soft until I could not here a thing she said.

The second person who gave the second speech was a Year 5 student to represent the rest of the students in Kuen Cheng (2) Primary school. Her voice was softer and softer than the first person...

The third and fourth person to give a speech was the headmaster and a representative for the teachers and parents society.

After that the just passed out some trophies to students but I did not get any at all.

After that, were some performances and the last performance was the performance I had to dance in and I was on the first row ( sitting ).

After that we returned home to drop off aunty Susan. After resting for awhile, we left off to collect Kak Umi's passport.

After that I had a nice vegetarian lunch with Mama and Kak Umi . The food I had were olive fried rice, butter fried mushrooms and sliced long beans with nuts.

After that, we reached home to find out that Aunty Rosa came to our house in KL with her baby. Her baby was veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrry cute.

I got an announcement to make. I have understood what is cause and effect. It is because it goes by whether I want something good. I have to work hard for it. Then I finally get the effect.

Another thing is I think that MJ is not dead. Why? because why would 911 hang up a phone call. Also,the ambulance that left the house had no sirens.

Later today, I visited Tsem Ladrang. Then I found out that there was a very coooooool gift for me. The gift was a Star Wars Collectible: A TIE INTERCEPTOR! H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche is one of the kindest people I have ever met. He is a great teacher. He taught me many things. I can still remember one of my first gifts from Rinpoche, it was a Tsongkhapa Tsa Tsa. He gave it to me during one of my first Dharma talks. He was talking about Tara. He was saying that if you even take everything away from Mother Tara, she will not slap you or be angry at you because she is very kind and compassionate.

After That, Mama, Aunty Susan and I went to see H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's new tortoise. Her name Kadro. We also went to see Itchy, Scratchy and Garuda( three rescued birds ). After that, I went home.

I shall continue with my assignment of retyping Day 10 and 11 of the book : LIBERATION IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND.

Je Tsongkhapa said:

Everyone thinks, "Death will eventually come." Yet they keep the evil thought, I will not die today," right until they are on the point of dying.

You grasp on to the idea that you are not going to die, and think," Oh, I could practice Dharma next year or the year after." You are forever procrastinating. You think about Dharma but do not practice it; you remain engrossed in thoughts such as, " I want this valuable object." Meanwhile, while you are not practicing Dharma, your human life is running out.

[THE DRAWBACK THAT] YOU WILL PRACTICE BUT NOT PRACTICE PROPERLY ( 125 )

At the moment we are Dharma practitioners, but because we do not ignore this life's trivia, our practice is not at all pure. We study and contemplate, yet unintentionally want to be scholars, or famous. We meditate, do recitations, and so forth, thinking this will remove life's unfavorable circumstances.Even great meditating hermits are not free from involuntarily wanting to be famous, and so forth. As great Atisha said:

Ask me what the results of thinking only about this life are and I will tell you: they are merely the results of this life.Ask me what will happen in your next lives and I will tell you: you will be reborn in hell; reborn as a hungry ghost; reborn as an animal.

In other words, you will achieve a few resultant benefits in this life, and your next lives will result in your going to the lower realms.

If you act like this, you are no different from a lay person. A Dharma practitioner must first of all ignore this life. I am not saying you should become a pauper; even paupers in their wanderings do not ignore this life. The things you should ignore are the eight worldly concerns. Anything mixed with these concerns are not Dharma. The yogi Chagtrichog asked Atisha," Should I meditate? Should I teach ? Or sometimes teach and sometimes meditate?" Atisha said to each," this will not help." Chagtrichog then asked what he should do and was told, " Give up worldly things."

Lama Gyamaba said:

You fools, you haven't succeeded in a single type of practice,
Yet you are proud of being Dharma practitioners!
See whether you have the first of all Dharmas
In your mindstreams: ignoring this life.

As Geshe Toelungpa once told another : " It is good, my lord, if you practice generosity, but better still to practice generosity, but better still to practice Dharma itself." In other words, Dharma and worldly things are opposites --- even in such actions as these.

Geshe Potowa said you cannot sew with a two pronged needle. If you do not think of death, you will not ignore this life. If you do not ignore this life, you will be controlled by the eight worldly concerns: being happy if you acquire and unhappy if you do not; being happy if comfortable and unhappy if not; happy if famous and unhappy if not; happy if praised and unhappy if criticized. Nagarjuna said of these eight:

By the eight worldly concerns we mean:
the worldly thoughts of acquiring or not,
Comfort or discomfort, fame or notoriety, praise or criticism.
Keep a level head : These are not subjects for your thoughts.



Hope you like my blog. More secret text.

I hope to keep in touch with all my fellow friends. I will miss them



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. Very good Sean. I am really learning from your blog!Thank you.

    ReplyDelete