Continuing with my assignment (3)

Today is a very big day for me. I am so happy today. Why? It is because I managed to pass the Kuen Cheng High School entrance exam. As a reward Mama will take me out for dinner :)

Most of my friends made it, some did not apply and some failed :'(

Today, I came home in my school bus as usual. One of the kids were chanting :" 2 more days of seeing Sean's face " Even though I think the kid is insulting me because I have two days of my current school left, I still think it has a bit of a tune and seems to rhyme. HaHaHa( sarcastically)

Upon reaching home, I had a tasty lunch of pork and chicken feet with rice. ( By the way, I am not vegetarian. I only don't eat beef). After that, I went upstairs to my room to do my prayers as usual and do my water offering.

After that I went downstairs to do my 100 prostrations. Then, I started to write my blog.

Now, I shall continue with my assignment of retyping Day 10 and 11 of the book :" LIBERATION IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND"

You must be farsighted from the beginning. You must feel," I am prepared to use my entire human life to pursue just one meditation topic of the lamrim." But we are farsighted about worldly things, which is the wrong way round. Lack persistence worldly things, non the Dharma. If you feel, " It's impossible not to achieve anything in Dharma" and practice with courage, you will not have to spend a month or a year on a single meditation topic.

Geshe Kamaba said:

We say,"Our contemplations achieve nothing." Why do you think that is? Don't lie: you are distracted in the daytime and fall asleep at night!

In other words, never mind our spending a month on a meditation topic; we have not even meditated on a single topic for the length of a single meditation session. How unrealistic to feel, "Even now I haven't developed realizations!" We don't make determined practice our starting point, yet we roll our eyes into the top of our head [and pretend to meditate] when we do just one recitation of, for example, [Tsongkhapa's] Basis of All Good Qualities. If we act in this way, our wish to develop insights and realizations into the lamrim is an extremely greedy one. This is where the fault lies.

Karag Gomchung Rinpoche, a Kadampa, said:

Look far ahead. Be farsighted. Be in tune.

These three things are vital. The meaning is that you must look far ahead to the goal of omniscience; be farsighted about the small and medium scopes; and meditate to reach the right pitch or tension. Your practice, too, should be at the right pitch. When you receive the Dharma orally from your guru and then practice frantically for a few days with superficial renunciation, this is a sure sign that you will make no progress.

HOW TO EXTRACT THE ESSENCE FROM YOUR OPTIMUM HUMAN REBIRTH (118)

This has three sections: (I) training your mind in the stages of the path shared with small scope ; (2) training your mind in the stages of the path shared with the medium scope; (3) training your mind in the great-scope stages of the path.

Hope you like the blog :) More secret text( highlight the text to see (same as earlier blog))

TSEM TULKU RINPOCHE ROCKS
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting into Kuen Cheng... and keeping up with your daily commitments.

    See you for dinner later x

    ReplyDelete