Big Assignment: EFFORT TO NOT BE LAZY ANYMORE

I have a new assignment that could help me become hardworking and not lazy.

I shall start with self confession. I have a lot of things I am supposed to do but in the end, I did not do them. I shall list it out :
  1. Do my prayers ( Lama Tsongkhapa's Guru Yoga)
  2. Feed Jannic, my dog
  3. Do my water offerings
  4. Write my blog often
  5. Do my work of compiling H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's Tweets on twitter and correcting the short form words like : d, ppl, hv,u,ur,urself etc.
  6. Do my daily exercises
I have done many bad things that I am not supposed to do. I shall list them out too:
  1. Play computer. I usually do it for 4-5 hours
  2. Watch Television. estimated 3 hours
  3. Sitting down staring at a wall. I usually do it for 1-2 hours
  4. Eating between meals. Around 30 minutes.
After discussing with Mama and Aunty Susan, I now have a list of chores I have to do. The chores are:

  • Doing my prayers and water offerings Before 5 p.m.
  • Feed Jannic ( including fill water bowl and clean water bowl ) Before 7 p.m.
  • Tuition Homework( Whenever I have it ) Before 8 p.m.
  • Write my blog End of day
  • Doing my compilation of tweets on Twitter( 100 per day ) Everyday
  • Exercises(Run to the school down the lane and run home 3 times.Then play badminton) Before 6 p.m.
  • Eat less between meals 24 hours.
Now, the beginning of my assignment. I have to retype the Day 10 and Day 11 chapter of this book ( I will write information about it):

Name : LIBERATION IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
Author : Pabongka Rinpoche
Edited by : Trijang Rinpoche
Translated by: Micheal Richards
Published by: Wisdom publications.

The re-typing starts now.
( I shall type it in red colour )

DAY 10

Kyabje Pabongka quoted the following praise from the writings of Genduen Tenzin Gyatso, a great adept:

This is not false, invented the Dharma, because it is the pith of authentic oral teachings.
This is not foolish talk, because it comes from classical texts by the great champions.
This is not a shimmering mirage, because saintly scholars and adepts have experienced it.
This is not a perilous cliff, because it is the highway to highest enlightenment.

He quoted this as part of a short talk to set our motivation. He restated the headings we had above and then reviewed the material that comes after the subheading " Devoting Yourself through Deeds," part of the section on "The Root of the Path : Devotion to a Spiritual Guide"

Between meditations, mainly read books that teach about the optimum human rebirth. If, after thinking about the difficulty of obtaining this most beneficial human rebirth, you develop a wish to extract some essence from it, you should train your mind though the three scopes of the lamrim. The extent to which you train your mind in these three scopes determines how much of the small, medium, or great essence you will eventually extract.

If we want to achieve buddhahood, we must first develop realization into earlier sections of the path; if not, we will not develop realization into the later parts. For example, Khampas coming to see the Shakyamuni statue in Lhasa Cathedral first leave their homes, arriving finally at the statue. The road leads them here bit by bit; it is impossible for them any part of the way. Nor can you develop realization into such higher parts of the path as compassion until you have the first achieved the lower parts - renunciation and so on. [Shantideva] says in Engaging in the Deeds of Boddhisattvas:

If you have not even dreamed
Of benefiting yourself
Before dreaming this for sentient beings, How could you be of benefit to others?

I shall write until here for today as it is late and I am sleepy. I shall continue tomorrow.

I have written up to page 292.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments:

  1. Please do as you have promised :) and NO complaining. Do it with good motivation - with joyful effort (one of the 6 paramitas). Remember to dedicate your efforts everyday and feel happy about your achievements.

    lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work Sean! Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sean,
    You have many people in your life who supports and cares for you very much. You even have friends online who reads your blog and send you such wonderful encouragement. We all hope you will achieve what you aim for. You are not alone in your "struggles." Just like everything in life, it usually takes more effort when we are doing it initially,..but it will get easier in time.

    All the best

    love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sean,
    Not many boys your age can do what you are doing. Having the courage to admit your weakness and taking steps to change yourself is truly commendable!
    Change is very uncomfortable, and it is not easy. I hope you will do it with patience, passion and love.
    Lastly, if you are playing, play hard and if you are working on something, give it your ALL. It will bring you much satisfaction and happiness.
    Love: Aunty Judy

    ReplyDelete