Tsem Rinpoche came to Kechara


Yesterday, I went to the new Kechara Gompa to help out. I helped carry water bottles up and later I helped out at the new Kechara Gallery.

Kechara Gallery was so beautiful but I know it will look more beautiful as I have not seen it finished. Among all the museums/galleries I have ever seen in my life, I think that the Kechara Gallery is by far one of the best. It was very organized and it was not stuffed with so much stuff that do not mean anything.

I helped out at the gallery by removing the plastic wrappings of the books by KMP that are going to be on display. After that, I helped to open plastic which surrounded Lama Tsongkhapa Tsa Tsas. I also had to peel off a price tag. The price tag was quite hard to remove because I am not good at peeling anything with my fingernails.

Suddenly, there was a beep on the door and Rinpoche came in with his Aunt Matza and Sara.

Rinpoche gave us all a grand tour of the gallery. Also I remembered how he talked about the last time he saw his mother. He gave his mother some flowers and left that night to become a monk. I thought that the story was so touching because even when Rinpoche left his home one last time he still showed respect to his mother.

Later, we all sat inside the KWPC room to watch the KWPC video with the top to bottom projector. I thought that the video was very nice but there is going to be a new one so I am quite excited to watch it.

After watching the video, we all sat down and Rinpoche talked together with all of us. Aunt Matza explained that the Kalmyks and the Mongols were once together in one tribe, then they split up. Some went into China some went to Mongolia and some went into Russia. I also learnt about how Rinpoche's mother abused him when he was younger. He was talking about his mother not because he wants to put her down because there was no point to since his mother was already dead.

Aunt Matza said that even in death, Rinpoche's mother died with anger. Her eyes were almost completely black with red at the side. They even tried to turn the body's head because they were scared of the eyes.

Rinpoche said that when people die angry then the person would most likely not be born in the human realm but will be reborn in the spirit realm and not for only a year or two but for a hundred years. That is why people can see the same residential spirit for many generations.

After that we went to the new Gompa. I went to the toilet as I had a bad stomach ache. After that, I wanted to go up but I saw everyone was sitting down. I did not want to interrupt everyone so I guess I was quite stupid not to sms Mama for instructions.

So, I went down to help out with packing pearls.

Later, I got an sms from Mama telling me to go up. So i went up and sat down quietly. I missed out the whole Dharma Talk. I was only in time to see Rinpoche give out some gifts and leave. I felt quite sad that I missed out on everything.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment