RE: The Beginning.....

These are my views from the blog post on H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's blog. (http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/the-beginning.html)

As the post mentions about dualism and emptiness. It is mentioned as two doors. I believe that ever since I was born I have been continuously been walking in the door of dualism. I learned the meaning of dualism from Mama who explained to me that dualism means that you would like or dislike something. Just like how I think that Durian tastes bad and others think it tastes heavenly. That would be an example of Dualism.

Now, I would understand what is Dualism but I still cannot understand what is emptiness. I think that it would be about not having a favourite, a like or a dislike, just nothing if it is opposing to the door to dualism. I am guessing that from the Heart Sutra, Emptiness is shown as accepting everything as not real, as an illusion. I know I am wrong in this because not many would know what emptiness really is.

The next thing about the post that I would like to talk about is what happens at the end. Is it just the end?

The answer is,"NO!" Since everything ends in death as the post says so. I don't think that there would be a real reason to go and collect all the worthless things in life that will only benefit us when we are alive. Material objects are not needed in our lives. After death, we will be forgotten, everything we worked so hard for would just be taken away. We should go to the doorway that will give something better after life. That doorway would be the doorway to emptiness.

When we go into that doorway, we can still keep something that is at more worth than any material objects that we are keeping in our wallets or safe houses now. We can keep our mind and get freedom from the other doorway that would only lead to suffering, suffering and more and more suffering.

The only thing that we actually would have is our mind. It follows us everywhere we go, taking different forms. We actually have experienced everything in our life before. We just keep on re-experiencing it life by life. Just like a tape recorder playing by itself over and over again.

At the end of each life cycle, we would just be dying again and then get born again and die again. I would feel very bored if I would be able to feel like that right now to grow old then die then get young again. Then do it again and again. If my mind could remember what happens in my cycle I think that I would get a headache.

So, the thing causing this cycle to keep on going on and on is our greed, attachments and desire. We are basically tricking ourselves thinking that the place we will be going is somewhere new but it is just re-experiencing all over again.

Then, there is the path Buddhas of the past have traversed and the Buddhas of the future would walk into. That path is the path I want to go on because there is no bad things that could come out of it. I would be free from the chains of samsara that bind. The path is the path to enlightenment.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment