A day with Rinpoche

Rinpoche's kindness really exceeds all of the people I am have met in my life by tenfold. He is the greatest Lama I have ever met. He treated Edward, Beatrix, Melissa and I to a fun night out yesterday.

Mama dropped me off at Ladrang after she received a magic phone call. The four of us waited at Ladrang for a few minutes. I watched Edward play his Nintendo DS.

After that, we all were told to go downstairs to Rinpoche's car. I had the honour of sitting in the front seat, in other words would be right next to Rinpoche. I was so happy to have such a great honour to sit right next to my Lama.

We were called back into the Ladrang to have a small welcome together with Rinpoche. Rinpoche asked for all our ages. Rinpoche commented that my answer was quite slow. I guess I am not quite used to calling myself thirteen yet as it was my 13th Birthday less that two weeks ago.

Edward was kind of the "victim of the day" for tonight as he was getting teased a lot by Rinpoche but he was teased in not a bad way but in a good way as I could tell he looked like he had a fun time when getting teased by Rinpoche :P

Rinpoche asked Edward whether Edward's stomach was a stomach or a pillow. Edward showed Rinpoche his stomach and said that it was a stomach. Then Rinpoche asked whether his bum was a bum or a pillow, then Rinpoche said, "Don't show me." We all laughed.

After that, we went into Rinpoche's car. As we drove out from Ladrang, Rinpoche asked us what we done before we got the magic phone call. I guess what I said made me sound like kind of a worthless person as I said that I was playing with my PSP. I could have said that I was helping out at my house by feeding the dogs, doing the laundry or feeding the cats. As I was doing those things earlier that day.

We all drove to Tropicana Mall. We used an entrance that I never hear of. I thought out loud that I never heard of this entrance before and Rinpoche joked that it was because the only mall that Mama takes me to is Amcorp mall. Well, I did not go to Amcorp mall in a long time :P

We went into the Tropicana Parking lot and we found a parking spot quite easily. We went into the mall to meet up with Uncle Monlam, Aunty Wendy and Jean Mei jie jie.

The first place we went to in the mall was this DVD shop. Rinpoche said that we can pick two DVDs we like. I picked A-Team and RED. I picked A-Team because I liked the advertisement so I believe that it would be a good movie and I picked RED because it had a lot of great actors in them such as Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and one of Mama's favourites Helen Mirren. Rinpoche thought that the movies I picked out were violent.

After that, we visited a pet shop and watched the fishes and Rinpoche said that Rinpoche likes a Red fish. I do not know the species.

After looking at the fishes, we went to look at the rabbits and guinea pigs. They were so cute. Everyone wanted to pet them but I did not as I did not want to scare them.

After that, we went upstairs two floors and ate some Korean Potato Pancakes. Rinpoche taught Edward and I how to eat the pancakes properly. He showed all of us by smearing this white sauce on the pancake and then smearing this chili sauce onto the pancake then it can be eaten. They tasted so nice. I would love to return back there again to eat their pancakes. I wish that Kechara Oasis might have that some day.

After all of us were done, Rinpoche told us to go to Borders to pick out a books we might like. I looked for True Singaporean Ghost Stories book 20 but they were out of stock. It was nearly closing time. So, Rinpoche asked us to hurry up. So, I ended up getting one very interesting book called Narnia: The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis. Beatrix picked out one of Rinpoche's favourite books. I guess there must be some sort of affinity between their book choices. Beatrix picked out Hauntings.

After picking out the books, Rinpoche treated us to Tutti Frutti yogurt ice-cream. I picked Chocolate flavour. Rinpoche teased Edward for picking Strawberry. Rinpoche joked that Strawberry is a girl flavor. We all laughed about it.

After Ice-Cream, we were driving to the Curve to watch a movie. The road to 1U was blocked so we had to make U-Turn. Rinpoche decided to play a game with us. It is called the Scenario game. The first Scenario was what would you think Edward would do we just dropped him on the side of the road. We all laughed and I said that he would just stand there until someone picks him up. Melissa said that maybe he would cry. Beatrix said that he would call a cab to take him home. Rinpoche then asked Edward whether Edward knew where he lived, Edward recited out his home address instantly. The second Scenario was what would happen if we drop Edward off on the overhead bridge. The girls at the back said that he would all someone to pick him up.

While we were making the U-Turn, Rinpoche showed us that the electricity at the Ladrang and the area around it went out. Rinpoche said that it was because the electrician was eating.

We finally reached the Curve. Uncle Monlam and Aunty Wendy helped to reserve a parking space for Rinpoche's car. People were honking their horn at Rinpoche. I wonder what would have happened if it was a Kecharian and they discovered that they have been honking at Rinpoche but I never uttered a word and decided to keep that thought to myself at the time.

Then, we went upstairs to the cinemas. We were going to watch Narnia 3. Rinpoche did not join us for the movie. Rinpoche said his goodbyes and we all thanked him and said goodbye to Rinpoche as Rinpoche left.

I love the new Narnia movie. I know I have watched Narnia with Uncle Thierry before but Narnia 3 is really worth watching millions and millions of times. I like the storyline and the effects that come with it.

I really want to thank Rinpoche for giving me such a great day. Mama told me today that a way to show thanks is to share your experience. I also want to get a little gift for Rinpoche as another way to show your thanks is to repay the kindness given to you by giving a gift.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Sean. Thank you for sharing. Glad that you had a wonderful day with Rinpoche. What a blessed gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So So sweet Sean! Thank you for your sharing, it was very enjoyable to read as it was from your heart, honest, funny and cute :) Glad you kids have fun at the movies!!! xjoy

    ReplyDelete