The Sunday News

Early today, there was an introduction to Buddhism class. It was filled with heart-warming speeches, deep meditation and ended with lunch.

Today, I also went to MKC. I got a daily prayer to do. I also committed to complete 1,000 Tara mantras (10 malas). The motivation for the Tara mantra is to create the causes for the end of cruelty to animals.

After that, I went to Tsem Ladrang. There is a Zong Rinpoche statue on the main altar. I shall tell a story about it.

Zong Rinpoche was H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's root guru. Tsem Rinpoche made a statue of Zong Rinpoche's previous life ( when Tsem Rinpoche met Zong Rinpoche, that time was Zong Rinpoche's past life. Now the reincarnation of Zong Rinpoche is already around 20 years old)
The statue was kept carefully in KH 1.

One day, water started to drip from the ceiling onto the statue. They brought it to Tsem Ladrang. They asked two senior monks and one high lama, the monks and the high lama said it was a good omen. One of the monks added that if there were to be a plant growing it would be better.

Suddenly, a small plant actually miraculously spouted on the statue a few days later.

I went to visit the statue earlier and made prostrations and offered a khata. After that I went to the crystal altar to offer some crystals.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. Sean dearie: Great write up on Zong Rinpoche! We were blessed to be at Ladrang this Wed to pay respect to Zong Rinpoche's statue too. Aunt Su Ming and Bonita explained the story to us and I must say it was really amazing that there can be a sprout coming from the statue after twenty over years! I am sure it is a miracle!

    Love: Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete