Food O'Clock: The Daily Grind









Hidden away underneath Bangsar Village is an adorable burger joint named The Daily Grind. Despite the name sounding like a flaming dance club, it is a cozy little eatery for burger fanatics to enjoy. Similar to that of other artisan burger spots such as KGB and myBurgerLab, The Daily Grind takes a fresh and unique spin to the sandwich. Let's break down why this place doesn't grind my gears and why it is awesome!

Appearance


Feels like a factory (minus the smog)


Adorable little bottles!


The restaurant has a classic diner motif complemented an interesting industrial feel with the exposed red pipe decor. The multicoloured chairs of the dining area makes it feel more homely and not so uniform like most modern restaurants. The tables are properly wiped down and the restaurant is well cleaned. Believe me, that can mean a major difference in Malaysia. Their choice of music is mainly.. well, imagine lite.fm,  so if you are into that, you will feel right at home. On the other end of the restaurant is a bar where you can chillax with your friends over a few drinks.


The Bar



The Menu




There is so much variety in this restaurant and all of the items have extremely creative names. Names such as Juicy Bluesy Burger, Man Burger and Down By The Sea makes pun enthusiasts like me very happy. Especially since if I was running a burger joint, the menu would all be pun-based.



'


The Tastes

The most important part to any restaurant isn't its creativity, it is its food! Now, let's see what sort of lovely food was served. 

Appletini



The inner alcoholic in me trembles in delight. The Appletini was the first to arrive and is made from vodka, lime juice and apple juice. It is totally fabulous! The vodka could be tasted but it did not overpower any of the other ingredients.  

Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers


Imagine a bomb going off in your mouth. I swear if my tolerance wasn't high, I would be frothing at my mouth. This extreme nuke of a stuffed jalapeno is extremely tasty and huge! The crunchy exterior complements the creamy and spicy interior. A perfect harmony of spiciness and creaminess. 

Downtown Tokyo Burger




If you seek the taste of urban Japan, go for this burger. I am a huge fan of softshell crab and this one comes with an amazing wasabi mayonnaise sauce. A bit spicy, sure, but every sting leads to an orgasm on your tongue. Even though it is deep fried, it doesn't taste that oily.  

Juicy Bluesy


 A BURGER PATTY STUFFED WITH CHEESE. What more could you ask for? The fragrant nature of blue cheese goes really well with the rocket and burger patty. The beef patty is extremely juicy and thick. Served with a side of sauteed mushrooms, it was definitely a treat.

Japanese Yodel Burger




This was the one I had for myself. The bun was extremely fluffy and tasty because it was coated in seeds and grains. The patty had a peppery feel to it, kind of mushroom-y if I could say so. The fried bits on top are tempura mushrooms. I am normally not a fan of the mushroom they used inside the tempura but the way it was fried made it delicious. The sauce for this was cheese fondue. I love fondue. I- I- I love this burger. 

The Ketchup

This was an unexpected twist for me as their ketchup is made in house. The consistency is more like a fresh home-made tomato puree rather than the commercial paste that most places serve.

Other comments

The portions here are extremely generous for the amount you are paying. There is a burger I would love to try if given the chance, the OMG! Burger. I bet on a hungry day, I can whack the whole thing!

It sounds beautiful!

Customer Service

The staff in this establishment were all very friendly and attentive. They took initiative to refill our water when it was down and also engaged in some friendly conversation. We were even checked on to see if our food was good (which we responded with a resounding, "YES!" ).

TL;DR

If you are interested in artisan burgers, you must come here. This place provides a unique spin on the burger genre and provide some nice puns in the menu. I would definitely come back here again. 9.2/10

LIKE THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE

Visit The Daily Grind at Bangsar Village.


IF YOU HAVE A PLACE YOU WANT ME TO VISIT AND REVIEW, LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I WOULD BE GLAD TO DO A REVIEW FOR YOU!

Sharing is caring,
Sean Wang   
 



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment