Anger...

Anger is bad. It is bad because it can hurt oneself and others. That is why parents totally dislike kids who have bad tempers.

When I got angry in school for being lied to and kicked out of the school soccer team by the soccer teammates, I was scolded by the teacher because I acted out of anger and did not think about what i was doing. Later, I understood that anger only leads to trouble. The first thing is thought while i was being scolded was : " but they did not let me in and they put a horribly weak person on the team instead of me." Later after thinking about it, I thought :" well, maybe it is because he(the weak player) really wants to play and the other teammates are his friends." But then I feel as if i am blaming the weak player. Finally after deep thought: " I thought that well, the other people who was not on the team were not angry so why should I be angry. Making myself feel angry will make myself feel unhappy." After that my anger decreased.

There are many ways anger can come about, some of them are : embarrassment, insults and others. There are also many ways to remove anger ( but this can also be done while being stressed out ):
1. Take Deep Breaths.
2. Before feeling like you are going to explode, count to 20.
3. Read a book.
4. Think of music ( Beethoven, Mozart, slow songs basically)
5. Go to somewhere quiet and cry out the anger ( It actually works )
6. Talk to a Psychiatrist or school counselor
7. Talk to your teachers or parents
8. Chanting Mantras. ( Example: Om Mani Padme Hum or Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha etc.)

If you want to know how to not to make yourself unhappy then I recommend a few books. The books are published by Kechara Media and Publications (KMP). Information about KMP will be written at the bottom of the blog. The books I recommend are:
1. Why I make myself unhappy
2. Peace
3. If not now, when?
4. If not now, when?( Peace Edition )
5. Peace (Chinese)
6. Compassion Conquers All

Information about KMP:

Kechara Media and Publications
5-2, Jalan PJU 1/3G
Sunwaymas Commercial Centre
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor D.E, Malaysia

Tel : (+603) 7805 5691

Fax : (+603) 7805 5690


Website:http://www.kechara.com/kmp/index.php

Hope you like the blog and you can control your anger :)

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments:

  1. I love your blogg Sean!
    I am reading now my first book from Rinpoche
    Compassion Conquers all. What a precious book! I cannot wait to read the ones you mentioned too. One thing I am learning is that even if people are nasty and angry at me I shouldn't be angry at them and could learn to be kind towards them. I always thought that my anger was justified if people are angry and mean with me but at the end it only make me suffer more and hurt me to be negative towards them and make me very unhappy to live like that as you wrote. It is such a bad habit I developed but I am glad to know now that I can choose to behave differently. I like all your advices and those two
    1. Take Deep Breaths
    2. Before feeling like you are going to explode, count to 20
    are the ones I need the remember the most, at first when I get into a difficult situation with someone.
    It helps to slow down the reaction and will give me time to choose and ask myself do I really want to be angry now?
    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Michele Marie,
    Thank you for reading my blog. I am happy you like it! I hope that one day you will come and visit KMP in malaysia and if someone is there from KMP they can also show you around the buddhist center called Kechara House (KH). If you want to know when H.E. Tsem Tulku Rimpoches books come out or when he teaches, please see our website :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kindness! I go daily on your website and learn little by little how to practice. It is wonderful and I am so grateful for it. Looking forward to read your experiences too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean is good at promoting Kechara Media & Publications!

    I'm glad you're working on anger, Sean.. it doesn't achieve anything good, does it, when we feel angry. It's all a work in progress... if we lessen our anger every day, bit by bit.. then one day, we will not have it any more.

    x

    ReplyDelete