Wesak Day

Wesak Day is the birthday, day of enlightenment and day of passing into clear light of Buddha Shakyamuni, thus creating one of the most auspicious days in every single year, others being Lama Tsongkhapa Day and Sakadawa day.

The Wesak Day celebration in Kechara House in the current year (2010) was mostly exquisite. For me, the event started with the Guru Yoga. After that, I had fun with my friends awaiting the main Wesak prayers (The Lama Chopa Prayers).

Many of the kids were wishing that His Eminence Tsem Tulku Rinpoche can arrive but in the end he did not but that did not stop enjoyable moments the kids had experienced that night.

Before the Lama Chopa, the MC of that night, my Mama, Sharon Saw and Uncle Dino announced the winners of the Dzambala Retreat. The prizes were presented to the winners was Aunty Li Kim's mother, Dato' May Phng. The youngest winner was Jutika won one of the prizes.

The Lama Chopa Prayers were very extraordinary. The ocean of prayers were penetrating the walls flooding the Universe and liberating all sentient beings. Thatis what I thought about it as I could feel the strong good vibes throbbing in my soul, raising my spirit for the rest of the night.

The Gompa was so full that we were not able to do any full or even half prostration. I was guessing that some did not come just for the puja but to witness the forecoming event. ( Secretly, I was hoping that the new gompa would come faster.)

After the prayers, everyone lined up to exit the Gompa and off to the streets carrying candles. The candles were like as if they were representing all the sentient beings in the world, illuminating the nightfall sky with the glow of the good qualities in them, even including the darkest souls. We walked all the way from Kechara House 1 to Kechara House 2 via the Old Town White Coffee Restaurant route.

After the long walk, we settled down in Kechara House to where they placed the beautiful Dzambala Statue they were carrying in a hand painted carrier during the walk. My legs were quite heavy during the long walk but seeing the smiles on the faces of everybody, replenished my strength and ended up making me feel that I could fly up in to the nightfall sky. Many offered khatas whilst some prostrated too.

The eventful night full of the laughter of children, the smiles of adults and gathering of both the younger and older generation really brought this years Wesak day to be one of the best.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment