Sean the golfer

I have discovered a sport that is really fun to play. The sport is golf.Uncle Martin taught me the basics of golf. Uncle Martin is very kind as he bought all the equipment. He took a lot of time out of his usually busy schedule to spend time for me as Mama can't spend that much time with me. I am very happy for him to keep me company and I really like the outings.

Golf is very Buddhist as you have to learn discipline and focus.Just like Buddhism, when we have the tools ( the Lam Rim), we must have a teacher then it is our choice to pick what we want to do to with it. To play golf, you need to practice a lot or else you will not get good at it.

On the first day of our outings, we went to MST golf shop. He showed me the basics of golf there. He showed me how to hold the club. The way he taught me to hold the club was the Interlock Grip. Over the next few days, I found out that it was the same grip that the famous golfer Tiger Woods uses.

The next day of our outings, We went to the driving range. There I saw some kids who are so much younger than me, they look like professionals. Uncle Martin told me that people at any age can join this fun sport of golf. It just requires the right discipline.

After I whacked a few balls, a professional coach came up to teach me how to hit using a nine iron. He told me the correct positions. He laid some powder on the ground and told me to hit it. It was actually quite hard to hit it at first but I managed to do it later.

After the coach was done, Uncle Martin taught me another trick in golfing. We should keep our eyes on the ball but do not follow it as it lifts off.

As the day ended, we went to the Boathouse Restaurant. I some pasta. After I ate, I went upstairs to play snooker with some Australian teachers that teach part-time in Gardens School.
As we were about to play a game of Pictionary, Mama called me to go home.

Today, My neighbor, Uncle Daniel and I went to the Sunway Lagoon Amusement park. We went to water park. First we went to the wave pool. Then, we went to Surf Beach. There were no waves at Surf Beach, so there were no surfers.

I also conquered my fears of tall and dark water slides today. I went into a water slide with Uncle Daniel. I was screaming the whole way but it was fun. I really want to thank him also for his kindness as he left an 8 month pregnant lady at home just for me. I hope he will take care of Aunty Erin well.

I wish that Uncle Martin, Uncle Daniel and Aunty Erin can have a nice, long and joyful life.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment