Amazing Weekend and Effort to make 1 Malaysia

This Saturday and Sunday were really so interesting and fun. Why? Because this weekend was The Grand Setrap and Dzambala Puja weekend.

Day One --------------- Saturday

Today was a lazy Saturday morning because there was no school because of the religious festival called Thaipusam ( please correct if has spelling error ). Just as I was stretching and getting ready for a Saturday sleep and eat fest, I just remembered, this weekend is one of the most important event of the year it is the ----------------------- GRAND SETRAP AND DZAMBALA PUJA WEEKEND . To tell you the truth, I actually slightly forgot.

I quickly took a good shower but Mama still said I smell. Maybe it is all the toxin stored in my body. Mama says that if I do not eat egg or chicken then the smell will slowly go away and it will go away faster after a nice, warm refreshing bath with a lot of soap and a sponge.

After every one got ready, I took a packet of mustard and honey flavored pretzel and had in for breakfast. Upon arriving, i saw how beautiful the layout was. There was colorful cloth everywhere. There were even giant fake lotuses that looks like they came out from the storybook " Alice in Wonderland " I took a quick look around the whole area. It looked so much beautifuler than last time.

I went to the KMP booth. It was spectacular. There was antique-looking shelves holding various books published by KMP. The blue carpet matched the color of the new Chinese Setrap Box Set. The next thing that was amazing was that there were two grand promotions. One was that the Setrap Box Set in both languages are available at a very reasonable price of RM 88. The original price was Rm138. It is actually quite cool because with Chinese New Year coming up the number '8' will be quite popular. The other grand promotion was that if you buy the Vajrayogini book or If not now when, Karma, While I still can and Nothing Changes in Chinese, you will be entitled to a free book and two free DVDs.

Sooner or later, an announcement was heard. The announcement was to brief everyone and do some prayers. While doing the prayers , I looked up and i saw a flag with a garuda standing on the clouds. That beautiful sight made me want to fight back tears because I thought of Garuda flying sky high in the heavens. Garuda was a bird rescued by KMP. I ended up slightly attached to the bird. The bird later died because it was weak from not eating so much. I really missed him. Actually, we must not be sad by death because we can hope and pray that they have a swift and good rebirth. We can also hope that they can be human in the next life so that they can listen to the Dharma.

After that, the doors open . There were so many people of all races except Muslim arrived. They were practically lined up behind the door. Many were anxious to meet H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche. But Rinpoche did not arrive. I saw some familiar faces like Uncle Yap ( the original owner and current trainer of Jannic the dog ) also arrived.

There was no bathing of Dzambala this time. This time there was something better. There was a large foam rock display that was a Dzambala waterfall. Just a flip of a switch then BAM! A large amount of water falls down from the top bathing Dzambala.

I sold some books. I went around with a donation box.

Lastly, I had a long "debate" with this man. I was trying to get him to buy a book but in the end he asks about the origin of our spiritual body. I passed him over to Uncle David and went home for tuition.

Day Two ------------------ Sunday

I woke up and started to work in the GSDP at the Chinese assembly hall.

The first thing I had to do was to rehearse for a singing performance by MKC.

The singing performance was a total success. Only a little bit of people came. :(

I started to try and sell books and brought the donation box around. I was slightly lazy today because there were less people so I just chatted with Bradley and Alex.

After that, the cleaning up had to be done. I felt sad because we had to tear apart this lovely masterpiece. After that, we had a quick and short Kodak moment with everyone.

After a hard weekend's work, Mama let me stay over at my friend, Joshua's, house.

After the weekend --------------------- Monday

Today was just a rather lazy day. Joshua had to go to school but I did not because it is Wilayah Day for me.

At night just a few minutes before writing my blog, Auntie Pat invited me to join a group on facebook. So, I joined and posted like mad. The group is called "We support the use of the name Allah by all Malaysians " Please join. I will be posting a lot.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment