Guru Devotion 2

Yay! Since I am back in KL with my notebook. I am going to write my next post on Guru devotion. I need some feedback just to know whether what I am doing here is good. Please correct me if I write anything with a wrong definition. We can even debate upon a subject if you like.

Okay. Back to the point. Today, I am going to write about the disadvantages of not relying on a spiritual guide.

Why I am not writing on the disadvantages of relying on a spiritual guide? It is because there are no disadvantages!

1. If you disparage your guru, you will be insulting all the victorious ones. The victorious ones meaning the Buddhas. I believe that my guru, H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, is an Enlightened being. That means if I insult him it is the same as insulting all the Buddhas. I will never insult such a great person. There is no reason to.

"Having become the disciple of such a protecting (Guru), should you then despise him from your heart, you will reap continual suffering as if you had disparaged all the Buddhas. "
~50 verses of guru devotion

2. When you develop angry thoughts towards your guru, you will be destroying your root merits and you will be reborn in a hell. You will stay in hell for the same amount of eons as the amount of moments of anger towards your guru.

3. You will NEVER achieve Enlightenment EVEN if you have reliance on the Tantra.

4. Though you seek the benefit of Tantra, you will only achieve the hells and the like if you do not rely on a guru.

5. You will not develop fresh qualities you have not already developed and those you have developed will degenerate.

6. In this life, you will frequently become sick.

7. You will wander endlessly in the lower realms in your next life.

8. You will be deprived of spiritual guides in all future lives.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment